The Association of Indian Muslims of America (AIM) was founded and incorporated in Washington DC in August 1985, as a non-profit, non-political organization to serve the various causes of the Muslims of India. It brings together and represents a large number of Muslims with origin in various regions of India who live throughout North America. AIM is a 501-C-3 tax exempt organization. The mission of AIM is defined in its following objectives.
- Serve as a Non Governmental Organization assisting the Muslim community in India and North America to help improve the level of education in the community.
- Provide financial relief assistance to the Muslim community in India in the event of natural disasters, sectarian violence and other disorders.
- Promote friendly relations between Indian Muslims and others.
- Conduct advocacy and public relations for the accomplishments, problems and issues of the Indian Muslims and to disseminate information about the same.
- Organize events to observe the various Indian and American national events, Islamic events and humanitarian occasions.
In the last 25 years AIM has dedicated itself to the pursuit of the above mission & objectives and has been very successful in bringing about positive results for the Indian Muslim community.